Sunday, August 28, 2011

How He Has Grown

Although I have still managed to take monthly photos of DB, I have failed to post them. Here are his -

5th Month
6th Month
and 7th Month photos. I think in this last one we can finally see his legs getting longer, that or his enormous diaper is distorting it.


Here is my little tribute to him.

DB is now 7 months old. I still think he looks like a boy version of his older sister - with brown hair and a completely different hairline.

AB at 7 months
DB at 7 months
DB is a happy baby. The only thing that messes up his day is a bad case of acid reflux. Unfortunately his medication has been in transit for almost a month now and he has about 3 bad days a week without it. He is really a little guy, about the 10th percentile in height and 5th in weight. AB was like that too, so I guess that is the norm for our babies. To me it means we get more use out of their clothes before they outgrow them - for now at least.

Recently his personality has seemed to pop. He is no longer frightened when KB razzes his tummy and even likes to watch daddy wrestle with AB. When he was younger his daddy's laugh scared him, causing him to throw out his arms and cry. It was precious. He loves his mommy, and I just cannot get enough of that.

DB is on the go now. He cannot get very far, but he can push himself around on his belly. He can sit on his own, however after a few minutes he usually tips over. It does not bother him. He really likes for me to assist him in standing and is showing signs of trying to pull up. He is very grabby. Anything within reach is in danger, especially mommy's hair and her tea. He also likes to grab the skin on our necks, face and collarbones. DB loves his baths and consistently pees in the water each and every time I put him in. He kind of growls at us, especially when he is reaching to grab us. Very cute indeed.

Things that make him laugh - AB laughing, mommy kissing him, AB jumping, daddy pretending to wrestle with him, AB twirling, mommy tickling him, AB running up to him, when we hold him up and let him "fly" over our heads, bouncing on our knees and touching (grabbing) our faces.

DB is sleeping in his own bed in his own room now. He goes to bed at 8pm, wakes up to eat at 10pm, goes right back to sleep and wakes up around 7am. He prefers to sleep on his tummy with is face smashed into the corner of the bed. He loves his mobile and pacifier. I prefer he not like a pacifier, but we will work on that later. For now it makes him happy and that makes everyone happy.

DB is a hearty eater of all things sweet. He loves applesauce, pumpkin, pears, bananas, and a locally grown purple sweet potato called taro. He does not like broccoli, potatoes or cauliflower. He likes rice cereal, but rice cereal does not like him. Poor guy can't use the bathroom for two days after eating it. He is still not a fan of water.

In the last week DB has begun to chew on AB's floor. She has one of those foam puzzle floors. DB often uses his tiny little fingers to pry up a piece of the floor and starts to chew on it. I find it strange to say "son, don't chew on the floor!" Also, yesterday he got a hold of my indoor shoes (we do not wear our outside shoes inside) and apparently chewed/slobbered on it because it was definitely wet when I put it on.

He wears both cloth and disposable diapers. I am done with washing poopie diapers. After a nice glob of it fell on my foot as I was trying to flip that junk into the toilet, I said "stick a fork in me, I am done!" For two weeks after that I only used disposable. Now I alternate. He wears disposable until he has pooped for the day, then he switches to cloth. I greatly prefer this situation. (Also since AB only uses her diapers to poo in, she now only wears disposable).

I never thought I could love a little boy as much as I do DB. I cannot get enough of him and I am already dreading him leaving us to go to college in 18 years. I have also found myself quoting Monica from Friends saying to her newly adopted baby boy, "I will love you so much that no girl will ever be good enough for you," but fortunately for DB, I am a rational person and I am praying for his girl right now. We love you DB.

No comments: