Sunday, August 21, 2011

Dinner Out

Recently we went to a local Thai restaurant. Like most foreign food, it was an East Asian version of Thai food. I cannot be too harsh on them though, most East Asian restaurants in the US are just American versions of East Asian food...I just cannot figure out the disparity since most of the East Asian restaurants in the US are owned by actual East Asians. Anyways, it was decent, but the decor was extra fun. It was also at this restaurant we figured out DB has entered into the "I want to grab any and everything in front of me" stage. It is beginning. The easy low maintenance baby stage is passing.

Also, AB was born in Bangkok, something she has not seemed to grasp yet. The "where are you from" verses "where were you born" questions just confuse her. She will answer Texas (I realize Texas is a state and not the name of our country) and Thailand for either of the questions but usually just Texas. We want her to have some sort of connection with the country she was born in and could have a dual citizenship with if she wants, so we hope by the time we visit Thailand early next year she will have a better grasp of "I was born in Thailand." We thought going to a Thai restaurant would help introduce AB to the concept of Thailand. It is the best we can do right now, even if the food did not really taste like Thai food.


DB loves his lay and play, but it too will be put away all too soon. He is now scooting across the floor and is managing to grab things that I put out of reach. Bring out the baby gates and child safety locks. Sigh.


1 comment:

Miriam said...

I've been trying to keep up with you through your blog. First, I thought you said you cut all of your hair off? It still looks pretty long here. Next, did it take you three seconds to take off any baby weight you may have gained? You look gorgeous. :) Lastly, you all look happy, and that makes me happy.