Thursday, November 19, 2009

Steam Heat!

It is back! Oh we love our steam heat. I realized it was on yesterday as I found myself slowly getting hot while wearing my silk long john's, lined exercise pants, long sleeve t-shirt and thick sweat shirt...all while our heater was running. It was a wonderful feeling to shed those extra layers and comfortably walk around in just jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt.

Our apartment has been so cold. AB's room was nice and toasty, but we could see our breath in the living room. I put our flannel sheets on our bed, hot water bags at the foot of our bed, dressed in all flannel PJ's and a sweatshirt, and the heater was on. My nose was so cold I could not sleep. The floor was like ice. I felt terrible for our dog. It was ridiculous. To think things had to get ugly again before people paid up for their steam heat. Who would be willing to put up with this? My neighbors apparently.

I also want to give a special "shout out" to all things fleece. You are awesome, and you kept us warm when our cement and cinder block apartment was just 50 degrees with the heater on.

No comments: