Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Little Vainity

AB is not allowed to watch TV. While getting my masters degree...that I have yet to formally use...every single one of my classes that addressed child development gave us the facts as to why it is bad to let kids watch TV, even for just a short time each day. I know that Baby Einstein says otherwise, but I am going to go with the academics in this round, not the people trying to sell baby videos. Anyways, AB is not allowed to watch TV even though she thinks it is awesome; seriously when she was just 1 1/2 months old she used every ounce of neck strength she had to turn her head to the TV if it was on.

However the computer is a different story; she has learned that the computer is sometimes like TV, for example Skype, and she is allowed to watch it. Also, whenever I turn on the camera on the computer she can see herself. I do not think she realizes it is herself that she is seeing, but it is still very interesting to her. She could watch herself on it for hours. Unfortunately she is also in the "banging her hands on everything" stage, and that is ultimately what ended this video.

No comments: