Monday, October 5, 2009

My "Issue" - Final Post...I hope

A few of you have asked how I am doing with my issue. I have been waiting to post about this until I knew I had something to actually report. I am happy to say that I am about 90% better. I still have some pain on one side, but it is completely bearable. Since it was a nasty infection that was causing it I am a bit concerned why I am still having pain since I finished my medication a week ago. I am hoping that it is just taking a while for my body to recover, especially since it is the side that was more affected is still hurting.

I still can't believe that I endured 3 months of ridiculous pain, and it was taken away by just 5 days of pills. It was so easy. To find this infection all I needed was a simple test, but for 3 months the doctors I saw never did this test. I am indebted to my wonderful British doctor in Hong Kong! I did have the interductal yeast infection, but as it turned out on top of the yeast infection I also had a bacterial infection that was resistant to Augmentin...probably because I have taken it 5 times in the past 9 months for mastitis, but whatever. There is a good chance that I was more likely to get this infection because of where I live and the likelihood of eating contaminated food. Yum.

Thanks to all of you who shared your concern and support for me while I dealt with this. I sincerely appreciate it.

No comments: