Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fun with Electricity...Part 2

I forgot our third encounter with something that was electric and had problems. This one was not anyone's fault but my own, so it is in a slightly different category. Umm....I dropped my cell phone in a bowl of water Tuesday night. I was holding AB with one arm on my left side, trying to wash something off with my right hand while also holding my cell phone in my right pinkie and ring finger and I dropped it. I grabbed the phone out of the water before it even hit the bottom of the bowl, but I knew that I had to work fast. This would be my second cell phone to have to replace here, the first was stollen/lost in Thailand, and I did not think KB would let me live it down.

I quickly pulled it apart, dried it with a towel, and put it in bowl of dry rice (I read about it on the internet). A day later I pulled it out of the rice, tried to find all the rice in the various crevices of the phone and put the phone back together. It worked! There is a stray grain of rice somewhere in my phone that I was unable to retrieve; it is a bit annoying, but at this point it does not matter. My phone works!

No comments: