Saturday, September 19, 2009

Update from Hong Kong

We do not really have much to share yet. We have been in Hong Kong since Thursday afternoon. Thanks to our friends at Lake Arlington, KB was able to accompany us to Hong Kong. There have been at least 20 moments in the past few days that I have thought, "I am so glad that KB is here." I am so glad he is here.

Some test were done, and I was given some medications. I will have to pump and dump for a week while taking the meds, but that is better than having to stop all together. The test results are not back yet, but they do not expect to see anything major. That's good. We are hoping to stay until we know for sure the medication works, so we are not yet certain of our return date.

We have been running all over the place the past few days and are really exhausted. AB has been taking all of her naps in the Moby wrap, but as long as she gets a good night sleep then she is okay. I did not realize that Hong Kong is so hot and humid! Before coming here I looked online at the weather and saw the temperature, but I did not look at the humidity level. The humidity definitely makes it feel hotter. One of my favorite moments of the day is when I step into an air conditioned building, and one of my least favorite moments is when I step out of the air conditioned building.

We have enjoyed a lot of Tex-Mex, riding the ferry from Hong Kong Island, going to the Peak (the mountain on Hong Kong Island), watching the buildings light up at night, and visiting Babies R' Us. Also, like I said in previous posts, I LOVE going to the western hospitals. One of the hospitals we went to was on the top of the Peak, so that was an added bonus. We were tempted to go to Hong Kong Disney Land, but AB is too young to appreciate it now. Also, it would be a bummer for me since they probably would not let me ride the rides with her strapped to me.

Please keep us in your prayers. We are really hoping the medications work and clear everything up.

No comments: