Monday, August 24, 2009

Meal Time

I do not know why, but we seem to be drawn to document our mealtimes. I can understand why we take pictures of AB eating, especially when it is her first time to eat certain foods. Why do we take picture of us adults eating? Here is the truth. I am actually a good cook, but I am a bit of a lazy cook. I know how to make many good things to eat, but I just don't make them. I can give you the list why I don't go through the effort to cook the all the things I can make (it is a 5 step process to prepare any food that will be eaten raw, most foods are made entirely from scratch, my oven is the size of a loaf of bread & cooks as slow as an Easy Bake Oven...you get the idea), but I will spare you my excuses.

Essentially it is a big deal for us when I do go through the effort to make something that is not just chicken and rice or chicken and pasta.

This first photo is of AB at Pizza Hut...the nicest restaurant in town. I wanted to share it because AB is using her high chair/shopping cart cover made by Margaret Lee. AB was the envy of all the other parents there, and I loved that she was not touching the sticky high chair.
This is AB getting her first bites of Cherrios. She was not too sure what to do with them.
Here I am eating the mashed potatoes and chicken breast (that is supposed to be like chicken fried steak, minus the fried and the steak - we don't eat the beef here). I am also drinking a Coke Zero. When you cannot get Dr. Pepper, this is an okay substitution.
This one was KB's favorite, crepes with fresh blueberries and confectioners sugar. This is the first time we have ever gotten blueberries in our city. It was quite a treat!

No comments: