Saturday, August 22, 2009

Diaper Rash

Although AB was exclusively breast-fed until she started solids last month, she has always had a problem with diaper rash. The primary reason for the rash has been an annoying little infection that just WON'T GO AWAY. Regardless, one of the best ways, other than meds, to beat the annoying little rash is some light and air.

Since she is always on the go now it is almost impossible to get her to stay still, so recently I decided to just let her crawl around in the buff for a little bit each day. Fortunately for us, our entire apartment is tile - easy to clean up...or so I thought. This may seem bizarre to us who live in the US, or maybe not, but here the babies AB's age spend their entire days in a shirt and nothing else. The kids here do not have a problem with diaper rash. So I say she was just trying to fit in with the locals.

Since she is crawling I still had to put on her babylegs. AB loved getting to go naked. She like the cold tile. However, the day after I took this photo AB decided to poop while going sans diaper. It was so awful that I decided to abandon this idea all together. Let's just say that KB and I were unable to get to her before she crawled through it. It was SO awful.



No comments: