Friday, August 28, 2009

A Few Random Thoughs

My daughter has a wonderful collection of cute clothes. Thanks to friends and family she has a great balance of dresses, onsies, sleepers, pants with matching shirts, and skirts. In fact as my clothes grow older, more out of date and no longer fit the same, I have become a bit envious of her ever-changing wardrobe. I realize this is primarily because she is a brand new person and thus needs clothes so she will not be naked. Also, she is constantly growing and can no longer use her barely worn stuff and moves onto her new brand-new stuff...that will soon become too small, barely worn stuff. I am sure I can't be alone in this, I love the thrill of getting new clothes, so I will have to live vicariously through her until I get can get to a store that carries my size in a price that I can afford...basically when I return to the US and can go to outlet malls or Target.

I do have another thought though, I have also wondered why we, adults, don't wear more clothes like our kids (I am not talking about onsies). I have spent hours watching my little girl, and I love her little red striped pants with red polka-dot top that has a cute little watermelon embroidered on the leg. Plus it is made out of super comfy material. Who would not want to wear something like that? However though, after mentally putting my head in place of her head when looking at a picture of her in this super cute outfit I realized I do have clothes almost just like hers - pajamas. I was so bummed when I realized this and once again I was a little jealous of my baby girl's clothes and that she can essentially wear pajamas in public and look so darn cute.

No comments: