Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Thailand

You know how I said back in April that we were going to go to Thailand and that I would post a flurry of pictures from family fun time in the sunny land?  Confession - I ummm...I did not take all that many pictures.  I have a real and legitimate excuse (broken camera), but yeah, basically I do not have much to show for our April trip to Thailand.  Below are the few pictures we did take on our phone.  I also have one awesome video I want to share if I can ever get it to upload.

Mangos.  Yummmmmmmm.  There is just not much you can say about being in Thailand during mango season.  The mango sticky rice is legendary, but my favorite mango treat is the mango smoothie.    We introduced our kids to the mango smoothie as well and they were instant fans.  




Here the kids are about to get themselves into trouble as we take a little breather at a super swank hotel.


At a kids play area in a mall.  DB loved sitting in this until KB put money in and it started to move.  


Have you ever taken a red-eye with a 2 year-old?  Sometimes is works out and sometime it does not.  This is us waiting for our 12am flight.  This peaceful view of my 2 year-old did not last because a couple hours into our 5 or 6 hour flight he woke up and let everyone know.  The sweet, but obviously childless, flight attendant asked me, "why is he crying?"  I said, "he is 2 years old, it is 2am, he is awake and unable to go back to sleep."  My answer did nothing to ease the confused look on her face, but at least she stopped trying to cheer him up which was just serving to tick him off.  He has done well on red-eye flights in the past, who knew he (we) would fail on this one so badly?  I think it is safe to say we will have to take a less direct daytime flight home after delivering the baby.  



No comments: