Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hanging Out at Starbucks

Here are the reasons why I love we having Starbucks in our city.  First - the menu is in English.  I have thankfully been here long enough I think I could order entirely in my second language, but sometimes it just feels good to say it in English.  Second - I can get decaf drinks!  This is huge for me and my pregnant body.  Third - I can also get drinks in non-fat.  I say this like it is a big deal because it is.  Both non-fat and decaf are usually not an option in the standard tea/coffee shops here.  Fourth - the bathrooms are in general cleaner than most places around town...not so much at the end of the day, especially since they are unisex, but still, they are better.  Fifth - it is a non-smoking environment.  Wow, I cannot say enough about how wonderful that is.  You never realize how great non-smoking laws are until you and your two small children are in a room full of smoking men.  It is enough to make you have a list of "do not eat at" restaurants just because of they allow smoking.  

As we were getting ready to go meet friends for our weekly "get-together" (hint hint), we got the phone call that one of the kids in the host home threw up his breakfast.  Although it was pretty certain he threw up from overeating, our kids had both recovered that week from Adenovirus, and we were not taking chances with picking up something else.  Since we were already dressed, we all hoped in a taxi and made our way over to the closest Starbucks.  There the kids split a non-fat hot chocolate, I had my usual green tea late (it is wonderful and I do not think it tastes anything like grass as some people say), and KB had his coffee.  We played Candyland, Shoots and Ladders, and a Veggie Tales game.  

Overall it was a good morning.  






No comments: