Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Birthday

KB decided that this year I should be able to celebrate my birthday all week long.  So five days before my birthday he bought me my favorite flowers, and...




made me a cake so I could eat it all week long.  It was later frosted with FunFetti frosting.  It was super yummy and I did eat it all week long.


A few days later he went to Baskin Robins to get some ice cream (because as he learned the week before, although they have pictures of ice cream cakes, they do not actually sell them.  Strange).


He looked up online how to make an ice cream cake.  Step one was to freeze the ice cream the pan you will later bake the cake in.  


He is so proud.


Many steps later, you have a yummy chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  Turns out making an ice cream cake is a 2-3 day process, but it comes with super tasty results.  Thank you KB.  I felt special, and as you can see in the background DB was happy with the cake too.





No comments: