Sunday, September 4, 2011

Blog War (That is what my friend called it)

Living overseas it is important to go extra lengths to keep up with my friends living elsewhere, otherwise we could easily lose touch with some precious people in our lives. We have friends living all over the world and like in our country, using Facebook is neither convenient nor...umm encouraged by the local government. Actually if you buy a international internet connection then you can access Facebook, but let me tell you, it is slow, very slow, so slow I log onto Facebook about once a month. Blogging is also tedious. I have spent hours trying to upload a photo or two (once it took 6 hours to upload a video), but it is much easier and less time consuming that Facebook. Therefore we blog, and most of our other friends living abroad blog too. I blog primarily for my family and my few friends that I know periodically check in on us. This is why our blog is chalk full of pictures of our kids, because let's face it, KB and I are now both 30, it is downhill from now on in the looks department for us.

One of my other motivations for trying to post something at least once a week is because of the small depression I fall into every single time look up one of my friend's blogs and see the same old (albeit usually very cute) pictures of their kids from months before. Wanting to spare my friends from a similar depression I made it a goal to post something once a week. I am generous like that (wink wink). I have a friend of 4 years (Andi can you believe it has been 4 years?) who also lives abroad. She has two teenagers and, a toddler and a newborn. If anyone has a reason to take month long breaks between their posts, it is her...and all you other people with more kids than I have.

To my point. My sweet friend Andi has decided to post something every single time I post and has said so on her blog. I do not think this is fair to her since she has 4 kids and all, but I really look forward to getting to see more pics of her kids and hear stories like the one she posted recently. I need to ask her if it is okay to paste a link to her blog, and if she is cool with it, I will share her blog with you all. They are great and you all will enjoy getting to know them.

Update: Andi said yes, so her blog address is http://abrahamsinheritance.blogspot.com/

For the grandparents -

This is several weeks ago when DB was trying to develop the concept of going from one point to another. He used his head as an extra appendage. I believe AB did this too when she was learning to crawl. Unfortunately DB can now assume the proper crawl position and is becoming better and better at getting from point A to point B. I am grieving his mobility.
Taking a break.
Trying again.
Trying to eat mommy's nose.
Trying to rip mommy's nose off her face with his super strong tiny fingers. Look at the intensity on his face. It is fierce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to see all your faces! Prayers that y'all continue to do well!
-Kelly