Friday, July 22, 2011

My Girl

Here she is. My little girl. I am amazed at how she seemed to transform overnight from my baby girl into a little girl. No longer does she have that huge belly and short legs. Her legs are now long and she is slim everywhere except her head when her hair frows out.



I am still amazed that she has strawberry blond hair that at times looks more golden than anything. She has my eye shape, my nose, my cheeks, my hair texture (fine), my hair line and my extremely pale skin yet people still think she looks more like her daddy. Also, that glare in the picture above - that is a signature look of mine. I practically patented it when I was a little girl.

AB loves to "help" me in the kitchen. Just the other day she emptied half the salt shaker in a pot of soup I was cooking. She is becoming better every week at stirring and has finally learned that hot really is hot. She wants to stand beside me when I wash dishes and bolts to the bathroom whenever she seems me get ready to cook so she can get her stool. She has also learned her stool is handy to snatch freshly cooked items off of the kitchen counter. The other day I walked into the dining/living area to see her eating a pumpkin muffin at the table. She even got a napkin to put the muffin on. She loves to wear her apron and knows it signals she is in work mode.

She has recently fallen for all things princess. I have got to get her some dress-up clothes! She even sat today and watched Cinderella in its entirety just because she wanted to watch a princess. Usually after putting her in a dress she looks at me and says "I'm a princess!"

She is short and skinny. Although she can wear her friend Madeline's 2T shorts, she can still wear her 12 month shorts.

Her curls are crazy. When she bounces on her bouncy moose her curls go up and down; it is really cute. They are great on humid days and clump together nicely. On dry days I have encourage them to come together. She has ridiculous bed-head. It is a tangly rat's nest after any time laying in bed. She knows that doing her hair means we are about to go somewhere. More than once she has proudly walked out of the bathroom with hair gel globed all over her hair as we are getting dressed to leave.

She usually remembers to pee in the potty and NEVER poos in the potty. She waits all day for me to put on her nap time diaper and poos in it. I just cannot seem to break her of the habit.

She likes to get her bowl, spoon and cup when she eats and finds absolute joy in washing her hands. Once she even used about 1/2 a bottle of hand soap in one hand washing. Unfortunately for her she has terrible eczema and all that hand washing has made the skin on her hands and wrists as smooth as sandpaper.

When she watched a movie she insists on having a pillow and blanket. She loves Veggie Tales, Mickey Mouse and Dora. Recently we have watched a couple Disney movies, but I skipped the scary parts and the fighting scenes. Apparently I did not realize Snow White is a weird-o movie, so AB probably only watched like 20 minutes of it since I had to skip the the weird-o and scary stuff.

When someone comes over she tells them "hi" like every 30 seconds.


Much to my dismay, she is a bit of a daredevil. Obviously she does not realize her limits. Sometimes she is very tough and does not cry when she gets hurt. Other times she insists on a bandaid for any red spot she can manage to find on her body. She seems to think the are magic and will take care of anything. I hear I believed this as a child too.

She loves to give her baby brother kisses and bring him toys. She is able to crack him up by just jumping up and down. DB is so attached to her that he starts crying when AB and her daddy wrestle and AB squeals. Her favorite time is when the whole family piles into mommy and daddy's bed. Mommy and DB watch while AB and daddy tickle each other. She does not allow KB and I to hug without squeezing between us with her arms ready for us to pull her up into our embrace. Also, she becomes very protective of me when daddy starts tickling me (Dash just cries). Apparently "getting" mommy is a no no.

AB is bit strong willed. If she sets her mind to something, it is very hard to change it. She does not listen to reason...I realize she is 2. This gets her in a lot of trouble. She must be managed during meal times because she will not try new food on her own. She will also drink too much and not eat anything at all. Her favorite foods are pizza, scrambled eggs, tortillas (that she calls "tillas"), oatmeal, PB&J, cheese, and all things sweet (including fruit).

AB loves swimming. She loves going out in her stroller. She loves to run. She CONSTANTLY talks to us and herself. She enjoys coloring and coloring with us. She prefers to play with us than play with her toys. She loves to be read to. She wants to be part of every part of our day. She wants to clean and cook with me. She does not like my hair in a ponytail and often tries to pull the rubber band out so she can brush it. She cannot wait to brush her teeth with me and give DB a bath. She even helps rub lotion all over him.

Her favorite song is "Live Your Life" by I.T. featuring Rihanna. It is not exactly the type of song want her to listen to, but I liked while I was pregnant with her because it had a catchy beat and now she likes it too. She often says over and over again "I like the de de de de de de de song." That is what she calls it and she even manages to get the beat right. Recently, like this week, she has begun singing with me songs that I have sung to her since birth like Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Sleep Baby Sleep...and other songs.

AB sayings:

Tiny Hinnie (referring to her bottom) - When she has fallen down she says "my tiny hinnie hurts."
Happy Cakes - All things cake
Naked Baby! - She says this will running around without clothes.
Nasty Poo Poo - When she sees me washing the diapers
How 'bout this one? - When she is choosing something
I like that one - When she likes something, and she says it over and over and over again.

No comments: