Monday, January 17, 2011

AB's Party

Here are a few pictures from AB's birthday party. She had a good time. I still do not think she knew it was for her, but she had to be suspicious when she was the only person opening presents.
I made AB a red velvet cake. After my disastrous last attempt, this was my chance to redeem myself. Two things made a big difference. First, I used red cake coloring instead of whatever I had available...last time I used a combination of blue and green and it looked, um, bad. Second, and this was the biggie, I used real cream cheese for the icing - not the imitation stuff I substituted with last time. In case you ever move overseas, "creamed cheese" is not the same thing as "cream cheese," and "breakfast cheese" is even more dissimilar.
She liked it, but she was a slow eater and we had to let her finish her cake after the presents.
I just cannot believe she is using a fork.

No comments: