Monday, May 3, 2010

Coming Back from HK

At the beginning of April I had to make a quick trip to Hong Kong. Since we have had problems with AB's visa when we travel outside of this country, we decided she and KB should stay at home. They were together for all of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and I returned that Thursday afternoon. KB specially dressed her for my homecoming. He said he honestly did not intend to mismatch her socks, but he could not find the mate for either of them in the 10 seconds he looked for them. Obviously she did not care, but it was very cute and he was proud.
One of the perks of HK is the H&M. Most places to buy clothes in this country will make an averaged size American girl pretty depressed. I jumped 4 dress sizes just by being in a land where most everyone else is smaller than me. I know I am the same size I always was, but on bad days it really does not help the old confidence. That is why I love H&M. Although I have to always figure out what I am in European sizes, I am not wearing anything other than my normal size. I also love H&M because the clothes are a lot better quality than in this country, they are decent priced, they are pretty youth-full and trendy (and I am totally afraid of looking 30 after someone guessed I was that age already), and they have a children's section. I got her this cute little hat that was apparently too big for her tiny head. It did not bother her, and she took it off and put it on for the rest of the day.
I also got her this little stroller for her dolls at Toys R' Us. I was so confident that it would fit into my suitcase, but it did not. I had to carry it on the subway, on the speed train (they made me check it because it had wheels - nuts), on the bus, and on the plane. It was little, but I accidentally hit a lot of people with it.

She spent most of the day I got home angry at the stroller because she could not find a way to get into it (and almost hurting herself as she fell over while trying to climb on it), but after she finally gave up it became a fun new toy for her. Totally worth the trouble.


No comments: