Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bubble Bath

Hi friends.  When we initially started our blog its purpose was to share our adventures while living overseas.  However, it has gradually become a photo album of our kids.  If you did not notice things like our exposed pipes in the bathroom, huge air conditioning units in each room, questionable decorating techniques (the selection of all things decorative are different), and the abundance of Asians in the background of some of our pictures, one might even think we are living in the US.  Therefore, like it or not, I am determined to add some cultural adventure stories back to our blog, but unfortunately I am not starting my new resolution today.

Today I am recommending a book to any of you who have friends or relatives you love or care for who live overseas.  It is called Redefining Home: Squattie Potties, Split Pants, and Other Things that Divide My World by Carrie Anne Hudson.  You can find it on Amazon at this link Redefining Home.  I actually have met Carrie 3-4 times, primarily in passing, but I have good friends who are good friends with her...anyways, Carrie has been able to articulate the complexities of being from one country while living in another in a quite humorous and real way.  Really, please buy it and read it.  It will help you understand why those of us living overseas gradually become more and more weird and seem to lose touch with the US - it happens to all of us. 

Okay.  Below are some pictures of my cute kids taking a bubble bath.  I have heard stories of kids hating baths, but I cannot relate.  Bath time is one of the highlights of their day.  However for various reasons, the kids sometimes do not get a bath before bedtime, so it gets put off to morning.  Since they seem to be a bit more docile in the morning, I let them use the expensive imported dye and fragrance free bubble bath for sensitive skin - at night they seem to pop every one of the bubbles in minutes, but in the mornings the bubbles last almost the entire bath.  These pictures were taken on their inaugural morning bath. 
DB was uncertain what to do with the bubbles. 
 And because I was holding the camera, I was unable to stop him before he put his bubble covered fingers in his mouth for a taste.  He has now done this so many times I am almost certain when he has his yearly blood test, ya know for things like lead and parasites because we live overseas, we will certainly find something inappropriate living in his little body.
 He did not like his first taste, but he has gotten over it and frequently likes to eat bubbles. 
Thankfully this girl knew the bubbles were for play, not to eat. 

No comments: