Wednesday, April 20, 2011

For the Grandparents

I owe a huge thanks to my friend Becky who is letting me borrow her camera. It was just painful to let these days of absolute cuteness pass by without taking any pictures of my kids. My littlest heart breaker is filling out and has developed those awesome cheeks his older sister also had and inherited from me. Also, he can old up his head completely on his own now. My little redhead is looking more and more like a little girl and less like a toddler everyday. Both of you, slow down! Stop growing up!







Incidentally I finally chose yesterday to be the first day for DB to use cloth diapers. Cotton Babies gave us a full supply of diapers, and I have been waiting until 1. his tiny hinie was big enough for them, 2. I could locate all of them, and 3. my washing situation was firmly established and routine. I have learned that not one bit of those handy liners should be sticking out of the diaper cover because it will make whatever it touches wet. Also, I should wash the poopie diapers and liners in a not so full washer because otherwise there may be some poppie bits caught in the bunched up elastic areas. Lastly, I should double up on liners at night. I have chosen to use cloth because AB was allergic to something in Asian diapers (but not to US diapers) and had an almost constant diaper rash. The local doctor said even the foreign diaper companies put junk in the diapers that should not be in them. They are not regulated here like they are in the US.



Also incidentally, yesterday was my birthday and I have come to terms that I am now 30. I have never adjusted to change very quickly, especially change that I have not sanctioned - like getting older. Also it does not help that I truly do not feel any different than I did in college; I do not feel older or even more mature (that's scary), I feel 23. It was a good age for me, but I am not 23. I am 30. Anyways, I had moments of self pity that were quickly followed by self-loathing for being so self-centered and short sighted. Ultimately I came to the point of gratitude. I am grateful for the years I have been given and can only hope that I next 30 years are as wonderful as I have experienced so far. I have accomplished everything I hoped to accomplish by the time I am 30, so now it is time to set new goals. Hello 30's. I will enjoy you to the best of my abilities because I would rather by in my 3o's than in my 40's.

1 comment:

SarahJ said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday. 30 is the new 20 : )