Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders


In April/May when we were in the big city we bumped into these girls. Yep they are the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. Here is the story -

As Kristy, Jeremy, KB, AB and myself pulled up to this shopping center, we saw a group of girls that just did not "fit" in this city scene. Their hair was too done up, they had on way too much makeup, and the biggie, they were all wearing matching track suits. Turns out they were heading to the same restaurant we were going to. This left our little party to speculate the entire meal as to who they were. By the way, there was a camera crew and photographers with them.

When I tried to get a closer look at them I noticed they were wearing white cowboy boots with their blue and grew track suits. I thought, "no way; not in this city and definitely not in this country." However, after asking the restaurant manager who they were, he confirmed they were in fact the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. They were in town to promote a new direct flight with American Airlines that incidentally got canceled a couple days later because the capital airport would only give them a middle of the night landing time. At least the girls got a trip out of it.

Anyways, as we were leaving, they were leaving. I totally used my baby for this one. I asked if they would take a picture with my daughter. They said sure. I sucked in my stomach, stood up as tall as I could and put on my old cheerleader smile. Really, do I look that different from them...don't answer that. I did not realize my picture was over with them until one of them gently guided me away from them.

That is how we ran into the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders in one of the most random places to meet them, ever.

No comments: