Tuesday, August 17, 2010

KB's Birthday





Last month KB turned 29. Although I have never attempted to surprise him, I have always generally acknowledged it is very difficult to "pull one over" on KB...but I did : )

A week before KB's birthday two friends who have been studying in our city for the last 6 months were leaving the next day, so we had gotten together to hang out one last time. Conveniently, one of them needed to see something down in our garage, and KB needed to take them. As soon as KB was out of the door, I pulled out the decorations I had been working on whenever KB was sleeping or out doing something. Really, he had to wonder why I let him take a 3 hour nap, when I have never encouraged those length of naps before.

The theme was KB's Face, and I decorated our walls with various pictures of KB's face, and we all wore pins of KB's face. I was so creative...

When KB came back into our apartment, he was genuinely surprised, so it was a success! The cake was less of a success, and I discovered why it is 1. Best to ice cool cakes, and 2. The bottom cake should be absolutely flat. We affectionately called it "earthquake cake," and it got worse throughout the evening. It still tasted good.

Happy Birthday KB!

No comments: