Saturday, August 28, 2010

Eating Out

You never realize how normal it makes you feel to eat food that is familiar to you until the option is taken away. So, as pathetic as it sounds, when we travel to the big city, we plan our days around doctor appointments and restaurants. We have the Big 4 (our 4 favorite restaurants) that we like to hit up every time we are there. Ideally we eat at one of them a day, eat/drink Starbucks for breakfast and blessed Subway for dinner. That means we get four wonderful days of awesome food. The biggest letdown of whole trip is coming back here and realizing that I am now going to have to cook again and it will be another 3 months before we can hit up the Big 4.

We have discovered that AB loves pizza. This is great news since one of the only western restaurants in our city is Pizza Hut. However even in the big city among awesome food AB still stuck to her pizza. She also likes decaf lattes, and one morning she drank half of mine before I caught her - it had a straw in it. Plainly it was too easy for her. It was not problem. I was on vacation and just bought myself another one. Like I said, 3 months until I can even smell Starbucks again. I was not wasting a good opportunity.

I should tell you, the city we call the "Big City" is an extremely historical city. You could spend days sightseeing, and even though I have been there 12 times, I have yet to see even half of the historical sights. KB on the other had has seen all of them like 3 or 4 times. Our friends or family come in to meet us and KB plays tour guide. My local friends 1. cannot believe I have been to the big city 12 times - it is a big deal for them to go, and 2. cannot believe I have not gone to see the historical sights. Clearly my priorities are different from most other people who go there. I just want to eat, go shopping, and hang out at the really clean hospital.

Below we are at two of our favorite restaurants in the big city. If you ever make the trip to see us, we will gladly introduce you to them as well. So far all of our friends and family liked them.





No comments: