Monday, June 13, 2011

Six Years of Togetherness

On May 28th my hubby and I celebrated 6 years of marriage and just 7 short days later we celebrated knowing each other for one year...and on the 24th of this month it will be the anniversary of our first date!

For our first anniversary KB pulled out all the stops! He surprised me with a trip to Chicago so we could eat our mutually favorite food, pizza, and go see Wicked. We were in Chicago for just over 24 hours and it was a blast.

On our second anniversay we spent the day moving out of our tiny town house in Fort Worth. I remember it rained the whole day. We ate Sonic for dinner as we headed out of town and grabbed a ice cream Snickers bar along the way to Houston. It was not a great day since I am maybe the world's worst mover, but we did spent it together.

On our third anniversay we were expecting AB. We had just found out a couple weeks before and I was feeling a bit crummy. We skipped one of our language classes and went to our favorite tea house that served a chicken noodle soup that became my favorite thing in the whole city to eat for my enitre 1st trimester. After lunch we went to the local department store and bought ourselves some nice new pillows.

I hate to admit this, but I do not recall our 4th anniversary. Bummer.

For our 5th anniversary two of our foreign friends watched AB while KB and I spent the night in the local "Five Star" hotel...a five star in that city is more like a 2 or 3 star in the US. It was our first night away from AB, and I was pregnant with DB. It was very early in my pregnancy and I was having cramps. I remember feeling sick from worry the whole night because I was afraid I was miscarrying him. I was still quite raw from losing the baby in March, but DB made it!

This year some of our friends kept AB while KB, DB and I went to the capital to get DB's 4th month injections and to make an Ikea run. Unfortunately I was a poor picture taker and below are the only two photos we have to commerate the trip. I did not realize how much I feel like a parent when AB is around, but at DB's age he was like having a little puppy with us. He was quiet, loved to be held, and could sleep in his little bed (the bouncer) in the corner. We almost felt free again - uh that sounds bad, please know I do love my children.

This is how DB spent his time at one of our favorite restaurants in this whole country. We ate there twice in a 36 hour period.

















No comments: