Saturday, June 25, 2011

At this Very Moment

I am sitting with my girl at the table smelling the brownies that just came out of the oven. Daddy is at a meeting, DB is a sleep so it is just her and me. Sounds like a precious moment right? Let me put it in context. She and I have been sitting at the table for an hour and a half now and she will continue to sit here for another 30 minutes till her bath time unless she decides to finally eat her dinner! Oh, also she peed on herself about 30 minutes ago as a tactic to get out of her chair. Yep, she is still sitting in it. Guess her tactic backfired. Maybe she will think of that when she tries it again tomorrow.


I have had it with her super skinniness. If her body is going to be below the 5th percentile in weight that is fine, but it is not going to be because she does eat anymore. I know the books say that a baby/kid will not starve themselves, but her stage of not eating has gone on long enough. I will win. She will eat, eventually.


I cannot believe I have come to this point with her. As a little girl I remember sitting at the kitchen table at my parent's house for hours for refusing to eat things like squash, zucchini, broccoli, and peas - who wouldn't refuse to eat those veggies? Even to this day I still dislike all of those nasty veggies, except for for broccoli, I like it now. Until I had kids I was convinced that I would not force my kids to eat their food. I did not feel it helped me in learning to like those veggies, and kids have more sensitive taste buds that adults do. However, something must be done. This is no longer about her just eating a small select group of food, it is about the girl's health. I have tried every thing I can think of. This is my last resort, and must MUST work! Also, I am in it for the long haul. I am willing to commit to letting her sit in her chair everyday if need be.


I am very confused, because with AB we are not talking about nasty peas or horrible pimento cheese, she is not eating Mexican cornbread casserole, lasagna, and (the horror) grilled cheese sandwiches. Seriously something must be wrong with her. If it was up to AB she would sustain on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, scrambled eggs, pizza, bananas, oatmeal, tortillas, milk and anything sweet. Notice there is nothing green or animal in that list.


Anyways, other than her blue eyes, strawberry blond hair, and her feet, she is quite similar to me...demeanor and all. It is payback right? Are my parents laughing somewhere?


Here are some pics from happier times, yesterday. She is dressed up for our Friday night fellowship. I kept saving this dress for something special, but I realized that Friday nights are as special as they get here and if I keep waiting, this dress will be too small before I know it.


This has become her favorite face to make for the camera recently. I don't get it but at least it is an expression rather than the bank face she used to make.


Strangely, she closed her eyes on purpose for this one.


1 comment:

charleszz said...

great cute dress,,,,,any sauces to did veggies in, olive oil,, melt cheese on them,,,,what a precious family love charlie