Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This Post Is All About...

This girl.
New mommies tend to focus almost entirely on the new baby. This comes primarily out of necessity but I do not want to neglect my daughter and therefore want to take a few moments and talk about AB.

My first born is well into being a 2 year old. She is slowly falling into the category of "strong willed child." Can you blame her? She got it from both sides. Our biggest adventure with her right now is potty training. We took a hiatus when DB was born and are now back in full swing of things. She is sooooo close, but she refuses to use the potty. One of the benifits of living in an apartment that is entirely tiled is easy clean-up, so we have been letting her run around without a diaper. However, we have not had a single accident, not one, but that does not mean she is using the potty. She is holding it for when we put a diaper on her to take a nap and for when she goes to bed. We know she needs to pee. She knows she needs to pee. In fact she asks us to put a diaper on her because she needs to pee, but alas, she is bound and determined to hold it until we put a diaper on her. Even bribes of chocolate and watching Dora cannot coax her into using the potty. Obviously she is now capable of being entirely potty trained, but she refuses to do it.

I am amazed and a bit scared at how observant she is now. The other day DB pooed in his diaper, and at his age it sounds like a rocket going off in his pants and is hard to miss. I was out of the room when this happened and AB was playing with him. I came back into the room and AB said, "Baby DB (substitute in here your own version of poppie sound)." I had never heard her mimick even an animal sound she heard first hand, and this was her first choice of sounds to mimick. Priceless.

She learned to pick her nose a few weeks ago and then she learned to stick her finger in her mouth afterwards. I am horrified.

Her favorite food is cheese pizza and anything sweet. She refuses to eat almost all veggies except for fried potatoes, aka, French Fries.

AB is very concerned that we get everything done concerning her bedtime routine. While we are giving her a bath she is asking for her allergy medication. While giving her the allergy medication she is asking for her teeth to be brushed. While her teeth are being brushed she is asking to have her ears cleaned...and so on. She will not let us forget a step.

She calles all cake like things (including but not limited to pies, brownies, cupcakes, and fruit pizzas) "happy cakes." Ever since her birthday that has been her choice name for deserts, and it makes sense to me. They make me happy too.

She calls Christmas trees - "Baby Jesus Tree" which seems more appropriate if you think about it.
There is one other AB-isim that is super cute, but I cannot remember it at the moment. Mom, can you?
Once she had a hole in her footie pajamas that her bit toe stuck out of. Hoping she would not notice we put them on her anyways. After putting her down for the evening we heard her yell from her room "toe!" She continued to yell "toe" until it turned into a pitiful cry of "toe." We eventually realized she was so unnerved by her toe sticking out of her PJs that she was absolutely not going to go to sleep unless we changed her PJs.

AB loves to help. It is hard for a mulitasker like myself to step back and allow her to "help" sometimes. Her sweeping tends to spread the dirt more than piling it up, and when she stirs the brownie batter it often turns into a big mess. However, I want her to be involved as much as she would like to be, and I hope she will remember the moments we spent doing things together and cherish them.

My little girl is a skinny little thing. She is in between 18 month clothes and 24 month clothes. They need to make an 18 month in long, because they clearly are not making kids clothes to fit my kid.
AB is a little mommy. She loves to pretend she is putting her baby doll to bed. Once we get settled in to our new apartment I plan to get her a little baby bed from Ikea.
When I nurse DB she often points to my...um breast (it is once again akward to write about my own body parts on our blog), and says "ouchie boobie." Yes AB, it is most definately an ouchie boobie.
AB is quite handy these days. She brings me my phone when it rings. She can get me a tissue. She turns off the vibrator on DB's bouncer, and she managed to drain the entire baby bathtub in our dining room floor - I was bathing DB in the dining room floor because our bathroom is a cold as it is outside.
I think she is hilarious. She makes crazy facial expressions and she does the funniest things. Once when in Old Navy she saw some shoes. Since she was riding in the cart she reached down, pulled off her shoes, threw them both over her shoulder, yanked off her sockes, looked at me and said "shoes?"
AB also melts my hearts when she randomly looks at me and tells me she loves me in both English and our Asian language.
Her favorite song is "The Wheels on the Bus," but she also likes "Jesus Loves Me," "Deep in the Heart of Texas," and "Row, Row, Row Your Boat." Everytime she sees a bus, AB insists we sing the song while doing the motions of course.
Right now AB is working on learning her colors. She astounded me the other day when I handed her a brown crayon. I said "this crayon is brown." Then she said "Avie Brown" (she cannot say her real name yet, just her nickname). Who taught her that? Also when we were in the Hong Kong airport she saw the sign for baby changing area and she said, "change diaper" while pointing at the sign. KB and I were stunned.
Anyways, this is our girl. She is so fun. We love her and are alwasy proud of her.

No comments: