Monday, February 28, 2011

Monthly Pictures - Birth

I am going to try to take pictures of DB at each of his month birthdays with his Curious George to see how much he grows. I took this a few days after he was born, but it has got to be close enough to be considered "birth". You can see in the second picture that his eyes were still yellow. I am glad we are past that.
DB is growing and gaining weight well. However, I noticed he seemed to be less content than AB as a newborn, and he cries more as well. This weekend my sister noticed a combination of many things and asked me if I ever thought he might have acid reflux. I looked up the symptoms online and he seems to have all of them. I never considered it because he does not actually spit up, but he (and this sounds so gross) swallows it. I always thought of reflux babies as only those who spit up. Anyways, today we went to the doctor, and he has given DB some medicine to maybe help. He said it is a trial and error type of thing. I hope we get it right quickly since we are hoping to leave in 2 weeks.
I feel awful for the little guy. It makes sense why his cries always sounded like he was in pain and why he always wants to be propped up right. Fortunately we were able to borrow a bouncer (thanks Christina) and it has been super helpful. Once we realized he had reflux, I stopped putting him in his crib and he now sleeps exclusively in the bouncer. It is wonderful!
Isn't he a handsome boy?



No comments: