Thursday, February 3, 2011

Little Crusader

When I was a little girl my father started the basketball program at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, also known as UMHB. Their mascot is the Crusader. My mom dressed my sister and I up in matching UMHB cheereleader uniforms and went to my dad's basketball games as little cheerleaders - apparently there are pictures somewhere of it. Some years later I attended UMHB for my bachelor's degree, and so did my brother. After becoming married KB decided he needed a university football team to support. Although UMHB is D3, they are good and it is fun to watch them beat almost everyone they play. KB now really likes UMHB and fully supports our kids going there. Also they give scholarships to kids like ours and we are hopping they still do that in 16 years. This is us attempting to indoctrinate our child.
Also this was just a couple days after we came home from the hospital, and we were all wearing our most comfortalbe clothes.



No comments: