Thursday, October 7, 2010

Don't Know What to Write About

I am up late tonight. It is about 1am our time. I have a cold and am frustrated because all the cold remedies I see online for pregnant women just do not seem potent enough for me. They also seem to address congestion, but I would like a little bit of congestion to stop the constant flow. Any ideas how to get congested?
We made it back from our trip successfully. Traveling was crazy and I think both KB and I almost threw out our backs at one point with all of our stuff. KB had AB strapped to him in the baby carrier and was pulling our, possibly, 70lb suitcase. I pulled the pack and play to which the stroller was strapped, and carried the baby bag, insulated lunch bag, laptop bag, and my purse. We were quite a sight.
Now we are busy packing and trying to shut down our apartment. In order to avoid paying for our steam heat, we have to shut off our water and electricity. For someone who has been hording food in their refrigerator and freezer for the last 3 years, this has been a strange liberation. I no longer need to save that Velveeta for a special occasion - it must be eaten, like now! I am also going through our cans of food and desert mixes and dividing them into the categories: not close to expiration date, close to expiration date, will expire while gone, already expired and really expired. In the US I threw away all food that was even a day past the expiration date, but we do not waste anything here. One of my friends made some muffins that were 5 years expired. They did not rise as well as they might have, but they were okay.
So, we are about 8 days away from leaving our little city for 5 months. When we return we will be a family of 4 (5 if you include Toby). I experienced this when we went to Thailand to deliver Avril, it is a very strange feeling packing for a baby that is not yet born, gosh that is an entire trimester away from being born. We are not even 100% of the gender. Furthermore, since we plan to move as soon as we return, this baby will come home to an apartment without a nursery ready for it. Although I know it is crazy, this inflicts massive amounts of guilt on me. Thankfully I know it will not mind.
I am writing this post on our computer that does not have any pictures on it, or I would include something for the grandparents. Maybe we will get to see some of you very soon and that will make up for it.

No comments: