Thursday, July 1, 2010

AB's Adventure

I originally wrote this on Thursday last week, but I forgot to post it.

KB has been traveling since Monday morning, so it is been just AB and I for the past few days. As any parent knows, two parents are always better than one. When KB got home today all I could thinks was, "I am going to get a nap!" However, in truth KB was a bit more in need of one than me. After lunch AB and I played in her room for an hour while KB slept on the couch. I woke him up, told him he had slept for an hour, and he was surprised it had been that long. I told him "tagg, you're it" and went to our bedroom to for my sweet hour of sleep. On my way into the room I asked KB if it was okay for me to let the dog out to play with AB, and he said sure.

I overslept half an hour, but I thought KB was just being thoughtful and let me sleep. It was also 30 minutes into AB's nap time, so I expected not to see her when I walked out of the room. The first thing I saw was KB was sleeping on the couch, no surprise there since he had to still be tired from an exhausting week. I assumed he went back to napping after AB began her nap. Then I noticed the dog was no where to be found, strange. Then I heard it. AB's little hands banging on the bathroom door. I calmly (frantically) woke KB and asked him where AB was, hoping I was just hearing things, and he had absolutely no idea what I was talking about...NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT! He had absolutely not recollection of our conversation, meaning he never actually woke up, also meaning he had been out for the entire time I was taking a nap. Immediately all my worst fears began to play through my mind.

We opened the bathroom door to find AB and Toby covered in water...what water you might ask? Toilet water, yep. In the picture below you can see the water in the toilet is very low and it is brown, because she dipped my makeup brushes in the toilet, many many times. We still do not know know how she managed to empty the toilet.

One of the first things I checked for was the cabinet lock, and fortunately it was securely in place. That was one less thing to worry about. Unfortunately, and obviously, the toilet lock was not in place, but I am pretty sure it will be after today.

In the picture below you can see the little wet silver box on the ground, that is one of my Clinique things that I have been rationing for the last three years, and Oh! that little white box, it is also wet and it has my mouth piece in it. You can also see my eyelash curler on the floor, but you cannot see that there is standing water on the floor. I do not even want to think about what she has done with the toilet scrub brush, but I can tell you that upon finding her, she was holding the plunger, then she looked at me and put her face in it. The wet toilet paper speaks for itself.
In this picture you can see that she favored my drawer. Those are my makeup brushes and other things on the wet floor, and that bag is full of KB's dirty clothes from his trip. I still have not found all of my makeup, but after I saw the pink blush smear on the toilet seat, I am honestly a little afraid to look for it.
This picture is a little blurry because AB was dripping in toilet water and I was trying to keep her from spreading it all over the apartment. As you can see though, she decorated herself my makeup and since it is on her lips, I think it safe to say she sucked on the brush.
We quickly stripped her, bathed her, gave her some milk, put her down for her nap and prayed that she does not get sick. We emailed her doctor and he said the greatest danger is parasites in the water, something we would all have to deal with if we drink the local water, not just toilet water. He said to be on diarrhea watch for the next week.

In the end, we figured out that KB was in fact a sleep for our entire conversation...not the first time to happen. There have been times we have had heated arguments just before going to sleep only to find out in the morning that he was already a sleep and had no recollection of the argument ever occurring. So, even though I thought I woke him up, he never actually woke up.

We are still a bit unnerved by all the things that could have happened, but we are trying to work our way to finding it funny...most people we tell think it is funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow!