Monday, March 9, 2009

A Little Help Please?

Okay, so AB is being exclusively breastfeed. Therefore she needs a vitamin supplement. We have acquired a couple bottles of liquid vitamins, but AB HATES this stuff. I put it into her mouth and close it trying to get her to swallow. She fights me so hard, and her little face turns so red. After what seems like an eternity I let go, then she just looks at me and lets it run and bubble out of her mouth. It is so nasty. I think she stores it in her little cheeks just waiting for me to let go. She apparently is very patient and will wait any amount of time to keep from actually swallowing it. This stuff gets all over everything, and even worse she probably did not swallow any of it therefore not receiving any of its benefits.

Yesterday I thought I would trick her. So I pumped a bit and put her vitamins in the milk and put all of it in a bottle. She refused to drink it. She just shook her little head at us and sealed her little lips closed. She saw right through us and knew she was not receiving pure milk. We forced her to drink about half of it, but this became just another day that AB did not get her vitamins.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I really need some help. Please e-mail me at eastasiabrowns@pobox.com

Thanks, LB

No comments: